Wednesday, September 30, 2009



Wyethless (and Pfizerless) Day One


Hi Friends! How is everyone's Thursday? I'm having a great one, because I no longer need to wake up early to go to work... LOL

Yes, yesterday was my last day at work, and so it begins... a new chapter, a new phase in my life. How does it feel? Fantastic :)

Well, I'm not going to spend too much time here on a beautiful Thursday... Instead I'm going to exercise, go shop for groceries, perhaps get a new hard drive for my computer, and so on and so forth... wooohooooo!

Of course, I'll be getting ready for the interview at the U.S. Embassy for my VISA application this coming Monday, as well as getting ready my things to bring to U.S. and things to send back home. I'll still need to get some more jabs too to complete my vaccination process. I'll also need to send my car for servicing, and to collect my car grant or ownership certificate. Just finished paying the loan a couple of months ago! Woohoo! Another reason to celebrate!

Anyways, I will end this post with the farewell message that I sent out yesterday to all my colleagues in Wyeth before I left :) Bye now, and have a blessed Thursday!



Hi ALL,


It is my last day after a wonderful 5 years, 2 months & 26






GOLDen days with Wyeth. I would like to sincerely thank each of you for every experience shared, friendship made, opportunity offered and good times had during this time.


I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of being part of the Nutri team, especially during my early years in Wyeth. Although I was very "green" and the youngest in age during then, everyone in the team treated me like I was part of their family, and helped to nurture, train and shape me into a better person at work and in life. I couldn't thank you more for the great amount of patience you had showered me in withstanding my sudden outbreaks of insanity, wrong words or actions said or done, and always seeing the best in me of who I can become.


I will never forget how you all had cheered for me as I sang "She Bangs", helping me to win the very first Wyeth Idol in 2005. I will also never forget all the time, effort and success in obtaining LUTEIN content and function claims approval from the MOH, with the support of Marketing and Corporate Affairs. And how can I forget the time when I fell backwards, blindfolded, from a raised platform into the loving and trustworthy hands of my team members (Blue team boleh!), safe and sound! Who can forget the incentive trip to Italy?


In short and sweet, thank you so much for all these years of the best of everything, the opportunities to work with the best people, and for the chances to be a part of interesting experiences. I think nothing is more fitting but to end my parting message with the lyrics of my song that I sang to all of you at this year's NSM.



Friends For Life

Friend, you put a smile on my face
Friend, you fill my heart with joy
I will give thanks to Him my Lord
For by His grace
We are friends

He has joined us together
Walking side by side
And I know we'll be together
Friends for life

Though many things
Try to take us apart
But I know...
We're gonna make it through together

He has joined us together
Walking side by side
And I know we'll be together
Friends for life






Last and best regards,
John

PS# If anyone wants to keep in contact, you can email me @
johntan1979@gmail.com (or see you on Facebook!).

4 Comments:

Blogger Deboshree said...

Hey John!
I wish you all the very best for your new life. I hope you get the best life has to offer and grow as an individual.
May every day be a wonderful learning experience for you. And you know what, I know that you will MAKE it a wonderful experience simply coz of the way you think and look at life. Life is a mirror image of what we are and it will be fantastic for you! ^_^

If you ever come to India and if I am somewhere nearby, I would love to meet you.

Stay well.
Love
Deboshree

Thursday, October 01, 2009 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger chemist said...

John:

All the best in your new life in the USA. If you ever pass through Houston, let me know!! Have a great time!

Traveling Chemist

Friday, October 02, 2009 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks Deboshree and Traveling Chemist!

India and Houston are definitely on my list of places to go to :)

Sunday, October 04, 2009 5:41:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Missouri is just next door to Kansas, my friend. I'm sure one or the other of us will take to the road to meetup somewhere!
All the best the world has to offer you, my friend!

Monday, October 05, 2009 2:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home